Blogger WidgetsPrint Blogger Widgets

Friday, April 26, 2013


The UK is a very popular destination for people wanting to live and work in a new country. However, the UK's immigration system is complex. Since 2008, most work-related visa applications, as well as many study visa applications, have been made through a five tier, points-based system which measures applicants against various criteria designed to assess their eligibility for a UK work or study visa. Since 2010, the UK government has made it harder for workers from outside the European Economic Area to work in the UK. The main work visas currently open to new applicants are

Tier 1; High value migrants
  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) For people with at least £50,000 to invest in the UK by taking over or setting up a UK business
  • Tier 1 (Investor) For people who want to invest in the UK and have at least £1m to invest in a UK investment opportunity
  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) For graduates of UK universities who are endorsed by their university. Limited to 2,000 a year.
  • Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Only open to truly exceptional people working in the arts and sciences. Limited to 1,000 a year
Tier 2 Skilled workers
  • Tier 2 (General) For workers who have an offer of skilled work and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsorship licence. The job on offer must be one that cannot be filled by a worker already resident in the UK. Since 2011, there has been a cap of 20,700 visas that can be issue in this category every year
  • Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) For employees of multinationals who are being transferred to the UK branch, Applicants must have a valid certificate of sponsorship from their employer. There are four sub-categories
    • Long-term staff
    • Short-term staff
    • Graduate trainee
    • Skills transfer
  • Tier 2 (sportsman) For sportspeople of international calibre intending to stay in the UK for a lengthy period
  • Tier 2 (minister of religion) For missionaries, monks, ministers of religion and the like
Tier 4 Students
  • Tier 4 student visas are for students at UK educational institutions. While studying, some students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during the holidays.
Tier 5 Temporary workers
  • Youth mobility scheme. If you are from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco or Taiwan, you can come to the UK on a 'working holiday' visa and experience life in the UK while working to pay your way.
  • >Creative and sporting. Artists, performers and sportspeople of international calibre can come to work in the UK
  • Charity and religious workers. For missionaries and unpaid charity workers
  • Government authorised exchange. For people coming under government-approved schemes aimed at the sharing of knowledge, experience and best practice.
  • International agreement. For people coming to the UK under contract to do work covered by international agreements, employments of international governments and private servants in diplomatic households
Just  i.m shortly descrive about kinds of visas provided by UK. you may learn more details about immigration & Visas visiting UK BORDER AGENCY SO CALLED HOME OFFICE .  For updates of every immigration news stay conected with BANGLADESHI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION IN EUROPE .

No comments:

Post a Comment

সাম্প্রতিক পোষ্টসমূহ - Recent Posts




আমাকে ফলো করুন >>

Total Visitors

^ Back ToTop